A framework to assess and reflect on actions to enable effective business reviews
Business reviews are important to monitor progress on various goals and ensure course correction. And they can be done at various levels in an organization. Yet, many teams experience reviews as a waste of time since they are ineffective.
Effectiveness of reviews is impacted by the existence of a defined & shared purpose of each review and a design of each review process to serve the purpose. Conducting reviews with adequate & relevant data also impacts the effectiveness. When the review process is designed to serve the defined purpose of a review and there is availability of relevant data in a structured form, people are likely to experience an “Effective Business Review”
Your reflection on this matrix can be considerably enhanced by responding to a series of questions organized to take your reflection from observations to contextualisation to application to next steps
- Which quadrant best represents the current state of your organization?
- What factors enable the current state?
- What is the impact of the current state on your organization?
- What quadrant would you like your organization to be in?
- If the desired quadrant is the same as the current quadrant, what factors need to be continuously reinforced or strengthened?
- If the desired quadrant is different from the current quadrant, what factors hinder the movement to the desired quadrant?
- What changes does the organization need to make to overcome the hindrances?
- What would be your first steps?