A framework to assess and reflect on actions to create a robust performance culture
Several factors influence the robustness of performance management in an organization. However, there are perhaps two factors that have the highest influence.
- One is where the organization sees the purpose of the performance management process to build transparency & drive excellence and designs for the same.
- The other is the extent to which there is a structured process and format and it is widely shared & understood across the organization.
When both of these are done effectively, one can say that the organization is “Embedding Robust Performance Management”
Your reflection on this matrix can be considerably enhanced by responding to a series of questions organized to take your reflection from observations to contextualisation to application to next steps
- Which quadrant best represents the current state of your organization?
- What factors enable the current state?
- What is the impact of the current state on your organization?
- What quadrant would you like your organization to be in?
- If the desired quadrant is the same as the current quadrant, what factors need to be continuously reinforced or strengthened?
- If the desired quadrant is different from the current quadrant, what factors hinder the movement to the desired quadrant?
- What changes does the organization need to make to overcome the hindrances?
- What would be your first steps?